Regarding new entry of foreign nationals into Japan, prescribed applications in the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up Systems (ERFS) is no longer required from October 11. In addition, the measure to limit the entry of foreign tourists to those on package tours will be lifted at the same time.
In addition, all returnees and entrants will now be required to provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate (3 doses) of vaccines on the Emergency Use List of World Health Organization (WHO) or a certificate of negative result of pre-departure COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to departing from the original country/region.
Due to the ongoing restrictions on entry into Japan, all foreign visitors are required visas to enter Japan. ERFS (Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System) certificate will be necessary to apply for your visa. Visa support will be provided by the management company of the ICONO13/ICOPE2022. You can apply for visa support at the time of registration.
Please note that we will provide visa support basically to invited speakers due to administrative burden. If you are not an invited speaker and would like to apply for visa support (i.e. in-person participation), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance before registering. Visa support will not begin until the paper is accepted.
1. It takes time to obtain a visa, so we recommend that you contact the Japanese Embassy/Consulate‐General with jurisdiction over your place of residence as soon as possible for detailed procedures and required documents. (In addition to the documents prepared by the invitee/guarantor in Japan, some documents may be requested. Please contact the Embassy/Consulate‐General as it depends on the local situation and the purpose of the visit.)
2. Please note that applying for ERFS and preparing visa documents does not guarantee entry into Japan. Visa application to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate‐General in your country should be proceeded on your responsibility and ICONO13 / ICOPE 2022 will not be responsible for it. In addition, ICONO13 / ICOPE 2022 will not be held responsible for any cancellation of travel expenses, including air tickets, hotel reservations, etc. In addition, ICONO13 / ICOPE 2022 will not accept any responsibility if you are unable to attend the conference due to COVID-19 test results before or after your flight.
3. Visa application takes time, so if you would like to receive visa application support, please complete registration and payment of the registration fee by September 23, 2022 at the latest.
4. Quarantine requirements and visa application documents may vary depending on the country of departure and vaccination certificate. Please confirm the necessary requirements by your own responsibility.
5. It is your responsibility to check the transit visa details in advance if you are entering Japan via any other country. We are not responsible for it.
6. Due to border measures, the purpose of entry into Japan is strictly restricted. We will not be able to apply ERFS if you include schedule other than the ICONO13 / ICOPE 2022, quarantine periods, and transit stays near the international airport during your visit to Japan.
Please refer to the link below for information on entering Japan
Border measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19: Current Japanese Border Measures